Where oh where has the time gone? I feel like 2016 went unbelievably fast, but it was also quite a… I don’t know, an eventful year – and not always for the right reasons! Overall, I had a really great year. I definitely achieved more than I had hoped, and I feel quite content as I enter 2017.
Here’s some goals I’m hoping to achieve this coming year, something I always love to do as it’s always fun to look back on this time next year!
01. Plan a wedding! I’m still floating on a little loved-up cloud after getting engaged, but let me tell you… wedding prep is in FULL SWING. I’m a pretty proactive, planning person in life so it’s been fun considering options and initial little decisions (ie looking at Pinterest for seven million hours). I can’t wait to share some moodboards and plans with you guys!
02. Say yes! Being a yes girl has been my own personal mission for the last year, and I hope to continue with this attitude in the future too. I want to leave my comfort zone as much as possible – do more work opportunities that require me to travel, meet people and experience new things, as well as set myself little goals to achieve what I usually wouldn’t do – like feature myself more on these pages, and dip my toes in to writing about new topics!
03. Take my interiors love to the next level! I never, ever thought I’d have an interest in interiors, I’ve never been artistically inclined and I really didn’t think I had what it takes to share my home, but here we are. Some of my home photos have over 50,000 repins, and I’ve seen people recreate my entire bathroom! I’m learning as I go, but it’s a passion I really want to delve in to a whole lot more in 2017.
04. Work even harder! This year has definitely been my busiest yet, I came home from LA in August and I don’t think I’ve had a single day off since! I’ve had a really good couple of months, but I still feel like I could definitely organise myself better and be more productive. I’ve already started thinking about what I want to do next, and how I can achieve this, so here’s hoping I can really make 2017 my best year yet!
05. A possible move? I’d really, really like to live in New York for even just half a year. I don’t know if I can really make this happen this year, but it would be a dream come true for both of us! I know I’d miss working on the flat, and of course Mouse and my friends, but it wouldn’t be forever, and I feel like now is the time to do it. This is making my heart beat faster just thinking about it!
06. See more of my loved ones. I’ve had a few quite busy months with social plans, and I think I’m somehow finding that work/life balance. This year I really want to see more of my favourite people, and maybe even take a trip or two to New Zealand to see more of my family. I’ll no doubt be chasing my parents around the world on the boat too, if they haven’t settled down by then!
07. Do a meetup! I haven’t really done anything like this before, but I’d love to organise a little hang out with some of my readers. Maybe a little afternoon chatting blogging and life in a coffee shop somewhere in Glasgow? I love being around inspiring people, and I know it would be great to meet you guys! Please do let me know if you’re keen!
I’m looking forward to seeing what 2017 has to offer! What are your goals for the coming year?